08-19-2015, 01:40 PM
(This post was last modified: 08-19-2015, 01:42 PM by Biker Dude.)
0
You can do both. Depends on what it has now if a CAI is actually an intelligent investment or not. A lot of vehicles already have them. My truck pulls from behind the headlight, an aftermarket CAI only serves to lighten your wallet.
As to turbos, is there a kit made anywhere for this? If not, is's a full custom job and not worth the $$$. What about a supercharger? I would think this would be easier to do. Plenty of companies make kits for older Mustangs, I just have never looked for newer ones. Problem, well not really a problem but people don't think about it, is that you will have to upgrade a lot of other stuff. New fuel pump to deliver the higher required fuel rate. Larger injectors to squirt it in. Probably an improved exhaust system to get rid of the waste. All of that is above and beyond the say $4k a ProCharger kit costs. Then the tune. ANYTHING can be done with enough money. I'll post a vid to the old '72 Nova running twin superchargers making 1200 HP that still looks like your grand moms car if you want.
As to turbos, is there a kit made anywhere for this? If not, is's a full custom job and not worth the $$$. What about a supercharger? I would think this would be easier to do. Plenty of companies make kits for older Mustangs, I just have never looked for newer ones. Problem, well not really a problem but people don't think about it, is that you will have to upgrade a lot of other stuff. New fuel pump to deliver the higher required fuel rate. Larger injectors to squirt it in. Probably an improved exhaust system to get rid of the waste. All of that is above and beyond the say $4k a ProCharger kit costs. Then the tune. ANYTHING can be done with enough money. I'll post a vid to the old '72 Nova running twin superchargers making 1200 HP that still looks like your grand moms car if you want.
The most terrifying words in the English language are: I'm from the government and I'm here to help.
Ronald Reagan
Ronald Reagan



